Eye of doG (5 KB)

Last updated: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 07:48:40
It is now Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:20:20

SkyLight-Inside Shows Crystals

SkyLight-Inside reveals Vetsie's and Novie's crystals

[cwvm115-vncrys.jpg] There are the crystals!

NEXT-Fast-Track (One Unit of U-40 insulin)

PREV-Fast-Track (Fluid volumes are different but active insulin strength is the same)

Yep. Those concentrations are different!

Vetsie is big, relaxed. Novie is small, very concentrated! Gosh; Novie would hardly have room for more insulin crystals than he's already carrying. Vetsie, on the other hand, might be able to soak up a few more.

But Vetsie is too kind to change his concentration. If he did that, some dog might die - wrong concentration, wrong dose, hypoglycemic episode to follow, then maybe death, if Vetsalin suddenly becomes stronger than usual!

Wait! What IS this?

What ARE those funny-looking blue-ish spots in Vetsalin?

Vekkie explains the blue-ish spots

Well, friends, I tell ya - I DO like to make unusual stuff. So, when I make Vetsalin, I take out 30 percent of the crystals, leaving only 70 percent. Then I put in this blue-ish stuff. Like the crystals, it is ALSO biologically-active insulin - but it has no shape! So they call it "amorphous." That means, "shapeless."

Amorphs are those blue-ish, shapeless thingys

Though it might seem a bit odd, since we can see the Amorphs, I gave them that name: "Amorphs." Original, aren't I!

I have a bit more to say about Amorphs

But we need 100 percent of the Active Insulin

Of course, I still need 100 percent of the biologically-active insulin to make one unit of Vetsalin; so I substitute this amorphous stuff for the 30 percent of the cyrstals I removed. And then it all gets mixed in together. So we still have 1/22 milligrams of biologically-active insulin in one unit of my Vetsalin.


I see shapes! Odd shapes, different shapes, but shapes.

Vekkie's Tools

My friend SkyLight-Inside can show anything. She can show shapeless stuff as shapes. So that's what SkyLight-Inside is showing here. She's translating the shapeless - the amorphous - stuff - into shapes, just to let us see it.


Well, I'm not sure I understand, but it looks kind of cute, anyway.

valid css!
Valid XHTML 1.0!

Back to top

Animal Stars
DISCLAIMER: Contents on Vekkie's Playground are almost entirely fantasy. Do NOT try to make your own insulin. Obtain what your veterinarian prescribes for your animal, and use that. For any questions about insulin or its measurement and dosage, consult your veterinarian. And do not try swinging from clocks.
All material on this site except where noted is
Copyright © 1995-2014 by Carol Whitney. All rights reserved.
For reprint permissions, send email in plain text only, to Carol Whitney